Sunday, February 24, 2008

Death of a Wizard

My Wizard is now dead.

I own(ed) an HTC Wizard, my first actual Windows Mobile 5 phone that lasted more than six months in my hands. Other times I'd just have phones last barely a month due to the fact that I prefer profit over usability. But the phone that got me into the usability, my HTC Wizard, my second love, died.

Ironically, I just received my new phone three days prior to this happening. My Asus P525 became my new toy. It got all the pampering, upgrading, software, and tweaks that any phone would long for. I guess my Wizard got jealous; it felt replaced; deserted; unloved.

It seems like the cycle of life applies to electronics too. In with the new, out with the old. You don't even have a choice, if there's the new, the out has to leave; whether you like it or not. I say this because I miss the old times. I chatted with one of my old friends earlier and while I missed her badly, she reminded me that I have a lot of things in my life now. She's leaving the Philippines soon. I hope I can see her again.

Well, right now I'm on my Asus EEE (Shamplafaboo) typing a blog entry, downloading pictures in a zip file, synchronizing my Asus P525 (Pautavus), realizing that it's very geeky to give names to your devices, waiting for my girlfriend to arrive so that I can have dinner, charging my broken HTC Wizard, downloading Season 4 of One Tree Hill and the US Top 40 Chart WE 022308, and signing on to my YM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home